Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Story Stones

This looks like something easy to make (or buy) with a lot of potential.  As a teacher, I know that the number one question when it comes to creative writing is "what should I write about?"  I've seen all kinds of solutions to this problem - random illustrations from books hung around the room, jars of popsicle sticks with a sentence starter on each, class brainstorming sessions to think of ideas...I have never seen these.  And of course, they're not even meant for the classroom (although my mind still goes there first).  They're just meant for playing with, and how fun!  And again, you could make them using recycled paper and stones you find at the beach, encouraging responsibility and respect for nature, and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

contribute