Saturday, July 7, 2012

"Eclectic Collector"

Reading through a few recent posts on Apartment Therapy, I began to wonder what my style is.  "Happy Modern", "Classic Glam", "New Traditional" - none of these seemed to really hit the spot for me.  But just as I was about to call it quits for the night, I came across this post.  It's a round-up of a bunch of different "Eclectic Collector" style kids' rooms.  As I clicked through (and had fun saying "Eclectic Collector" over and over) I realized that a bunch of the rooms are ones I've bookmarked before and that almost all of them are really appealing to me.  I love the variety of colours and textures, and eras.  I like the emphasis on display, not just practicality, and I like the playful feeling.  So I guess that's my style.  I was just thinking it would be great to have an empty shadow box up in my daughter's room just so that each little things she finds and thinks is worth keeping can have a space...  Yup, Eclectic Collector pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

contribute